Free Names of the Months Brush Calligraphy Practice Sheet
Download this FREE names of the months brush calligraphy practice sheet to improve your brush calligraphy skills. This is great practice if you keep a bullet journal or planner and need to write months of the year.
The practice sheet comes in a digital Procreate version and printable PDF. The worksheet works best for small brush pens, such as the Tombow Fudenosuke.
If you share your lettering practice on Instagram, use the hashtag #CrushLetterGoals and I’ll send you some love!
- HP Premium24 Printer Paper – Highly Recommended. Really smooth copy paper at a great price that works for any printer/copier. You need smooth paper so your pens don’t fray and it will help them last longer. I get the 24lb paper for practicing (32lb is available and is usually used for ‘final’ work).
- Tracing paper – I recommend tracing paper if you don’t have really smooth copy paper (this will keep your brush pens from fraying!). You also won’t have to print out the worksheets more than once if you practice on tracing paper.
- Tombow Fudenosuke Pen or colored Fudenosuke (so fun!)– I HIGHLY recommend you first start out with these. These pens are VERY beginner-friendly and great to use for brush calligraphy & lettering.
- Tombow Dual Brush Pens – These colorful pens are also great for brush lettering/calligraphy, but more difficult to control than the Fudenosuke pens.
- Calligraphy Straight Pen Set – If you want a more traditional calligraphy pen, this is a great beginner set that comes with a pen holder and 6 different sized nibs.
- India Ink– Good basic ink for starters.
- Pen Cleaner – It’s a good idea to clean your calligraphy dip pens after each use.
Download Practice Sheet:
Note: If you’re not able to download and open the Procreate file using your iPad (make sure to use Safari to try downloading first), you will have to first download the file on a computer and email the file to yourself or save to a Cloud service, such as iCloud Drive or Dropbox, and then import it to Procreate using your iPad.
If you like these sheets, you can GET MORE FREE WORKSHEETS HERE.
Click Here to Download Printable Practice Sheets
Click Here to Download Procreate File
* Don’t know how to use the Procreate file?Click here for instructions.
- The worksheets are Copyright © Kelly Sugar Crafts, and are for personal use only. Do not copy, modify, or alter files in any way. Do not redistribute or sell. Not for commercial use.
- If sharing, please link back to this blog post and not to the direct download link. Thank you!
Want more practice sheets to improve your lettering?
Love free worksheets? Share the love, it means so much to me!
– Let’s be friends! –
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
Posts You Might Like
FREE MONTHS OF THE YEAR CALLIGRAPHY WORKSHEET
Learn how to write the months of the year in brush calligraphy. Plus, get access to FREE calligraphy practice worksheets!
Hi Friend, Im super excited about this blog post. Wanna know why?
Last month I finished the last blog post in the 5 ways to letter the months of the year series!
Im SO proud that I finished this series. Why? Honestly, I often have so many projects and ideas that I start and never finish. Im so happy that this is NOT one of those unfinished ideas. This series took a whole year, but I slowly finished it.
So glad I didnt give up because the feeling of accomplishment feels to dang GOOD!
I know this is a post about lettering the months of the year, but I do want to encourage to keep working on your project.
Whether is learning calligraphy, starting a new hobby, or even start your own blog, dont stop working on it. As Rachel Hollis once said:
By an inch or a mile, forward momentum is the only requirement
Yes, it doesnt matter if you give one step or walk a whole mile. What matters is that you DONT stop working on your dream.
I know sometimes it can feel SO overwhelming because you have all these ideas and dont even know where to begin. But I promise you if you give the next step and keep moving, you WILL figure out a way to get it done.
5 WAYS TO LETTER THE MONTHS OF THE YEAR FREE WORKSHEETS
The 5 Ways to Letter the months of the year series started when I got back into bullet journaling. Even though this series seems focused on bullet journaling, it really is helpful for improving your lettering in general.
Writing the same words in different ways will help you improve your lettering and at the same time, help you find your unique calligraphy style.
Here are the links to ALL the 12 months of the year lettering tutorials:
To celebrate the ending of these series AND the fact that I completed them, I decided to do another FREE worksheet including the 12 months of the year. This worksheet covers the months of the year in my personal calligraphy style!
This FREE Months of the year calligraphy worksheet is available ONLY by filling out the form below:
You can find ALL the 5 Ways to Letter Each Month of the Year FREE practice worksheets that go along with the blog posts inside my resource library.
If you have the password to access my FREE resource library, head over there now through this link.
SUPPLIES I RECOMMEND FOR THESE MONTHS OF THE YEAR LETTERING PRACTICE WORKSHEET
These are the supplies I recommend to use this and any other of my worksheets:
- I recommend HP Premium 32 Paper because of its higher quality, which is excellent for your brush pens.
- Another great option is using tracing paper and put it on to of your worksheet to practice. This way, you only need to print the worksheet once and practice several times.
- You can use any printer paper if you are using a regular pen. I ONLY recommend regular paper if you are doing Faux Calligraphy. Using this paper with your brush pen will shorten the life of your pens!
For a complete list of supplies for beginners in brush pen calligraphy, make sure to check this blog post.
HOW TO USE THE FREE MONTHS OF THE YEAR LETTERING PRACTICE WORKSHEETS?
Once you have access to my resource library, select the practice sheet you’d like to download.
If you don’t see it right away, don’t worry, just click “ctrl + F” (on a PC) or “Command +F” (on a Mac) and search for the worksheet name you’re looking for, for this worksheet search: Months of the Year Calligraphy Practice Worksheet.
- The worksheet will be an instant download. For convenience and ease to upload the worksheets to the Free Resource Library, I upload them as zip files. This means you have to use an app to unzip the file if you’re using your phone or tablet or download them from your computer.
- You can print it at home or a local printer store or library. You can use this inexpensive laser printer. (This printer is black and white. But that’s all you need at the moment to print the practice sheets). If you prefer a color printer, this is another inexpensive option.
- I recently shared about my great experience with HP Instant ink, which can help you print this worksheet FREE! Use this link to start. For more details, check this blog post, where I tell you everything about this program.
- Once you’re ready to print, set your printer scaling to “Fit Page.”
- Now you’re ready to get your practice going!
CALLIGRAPHY PRACTICE TIPS
As you’re using this calligraphy practice worksheet, keep in mind the tips below. These tips will make you make the most out of your practice.
For more practice tips for beginners, check out this blog post and this other post will be helpful too.
- SUPER IMPORTANT: Slow down! Take your time when you’re practicing your calligraphy. Doing calligraphy is not meant to be fast. Going slow will help you get better letterforms and sharper strokes.
- Date your worksheets! This is a great way to see your improvement. Refer back to your older sheets often. Especially when you start to get into the comparison trap or when you think you haven’t improved in your calligraphy journey. We are our worst critics! And often forget to give us grace and celebrate our accomplishments, no matter how small they are.
- REMEMBER: Use light pressure for the upstrokes (when you’re moving the pen upwards) and heavy pressure for the downstrokes (when you’re moving the pen upwards).
- Find a comfortable position and take breaks if you need to.
- Lift your pen between each stroke as you’re practicing the letterforms.
- Adjust your page and posture from time to time.
- Don’t forget to slow down! I know I’ve already said it. Throwing it at ya one more time, because I know we tend to forget
I know you won’t do this, but I still have to keep you updated with these terms. All the worksheets and files contained in my resource library are for PERSONAL use ONLY. They are original work designed, owned, and COPYRIGHTED by ©Vial Designs. You can’t alter, sell, or redistribute them. Re-distributing, the PDFs/JPGs/PNGs violate digital copyright laws. If you love these worksheets and want to share them, send your friends directly to this blog post or my free resource library so they can have access too!
I hope you find this blog post helpful and you start creating calligraphy today! I’d love to see what you create and how you use your Practice Worksheet. Use the hashtag #vialdesigns or #vialdesigns_blog.
Come over to the Facebook Group and share your work with like-minded lettering and doodling lovers!
WANT TO REMEMBER THIS “THIS MONTHS OF THE YEAR CALLIGRAPHY TUTORIAL? SAVE THIS TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
Filed Under: Bullet Journal, Calligraphy Made SimpleSours: https://www.vialdesigns.com/months-of-the-year-practice-sheets/
No extra eyes. I, as always, obediently began to fulfill his desire. The dress fell at my feet. So.
With two drunk bottles of champagne and sincere conversations about life. I wished the girls good night, and went to the bedroom, going to sleep, Svetlana promised to come a little later, since she hadnt. Talked with her old friend. It took about 40 minutes, I heard a quiet step, came Svetka I thought and closed my eyes again.
Gentle hands hugged me, began to stroke my back and chest, and descend lower to my already standing member, what was my surprise when I realized that.Months of Year beautiful Calligraphy design
And with this, at the point of a machine gun, everything is immediately clear. Olya was overjoyed most of all when she arrived at the place where the cars were unloaded - three full cars of medicines were. At the disposal of the head of the hospital. Soon she and I quickly retired and disappeared for everyone until evening.
then dinner and back to our house - I also missed my wife a lot.
You will also be interested:
- Target vanilla wafers
- Mousepad redragon
- Van facebook marketplace
- Thx vhs disney
- Banshee headlight upgrade
- Discord galaxy
- Replacement little people
- Chicago rap battles
- Lima to detroit
- 4l80e transmission weight
Thus, the girl was forced to bend forward, her chest was between my knees, and her bright head lay in the outstretched palms. I gently stroked her face, wet with tears, my fingers slipped along her neck, along her chest, along her shoulders to her armpits.
I asked Claire to continue the punishment. However, the young woman only responded with weak thrusts to the new blows that came on her aching buttocks.