5 Methods to Fix Epic Games Launcher White Screen Issue [Partition Magic]
Are you bothered by Epic Games Launcher white screen issue? Are you looking for solutions to the problem? Don’t worry. In this post, MiniTool Partition Wizard will show you how to fix Epic Games Launcher white screen with some effective solutions.
Epic Games Launcher (EGL) is a computer application that is used to access the Epic Game Store for downloading and managing games, just like Steam. And it has become a popular platform to play games like Fortnite.
But unfortunately, plenty of users have reported the Epic Games Launcher white screen issue. This is a quite frustrating problem as it prevents the application from loading and working incorrectly.
What can you do if your Epic Games Launcher stops working with a white screen? In the following contents, you will learn about 5 methods to fix the issue. You can try them one by one.
Fix 1: Configure Display Settings
At first, you can try changing your display settings and some users have fixed the issue effectively in this way. Just follow the instructions below to configure display settings:
Step 1: Press Windows + I to open Settings.
Step 2: Choose System category and click Display in the left pane.
Step 3: Go to Scale and layout section in the right pane and choose 100% (Recommended) for Change the size of text, apps, and other items.
After that, you can open your Epic Games Launcher to check if the issue has been resolved.
Fix 2: Clear Web Cache
Epic Games Launcher will run into certain problems including white screen issue if its cache gets corrupted. In this case, you just need to clear its cache. To clear the cache, you can follow the steps below.
Step 1: Right-click the Start button and choose Task Manager.
Step 2: Kill all the processes related to your Epic Games Launcher by selecting them and click End task.
Step 3: After completely closing the program, open File Explorer and go to the storage path C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\EpicGamesLauncher\Saved\. If you are saving the program in another drive, locate the Saved folder in the actual directory,
Step 4: Under the Saved folder, find the webcache folder and delete it.
Once you have cleared the cache, launch your Epic Games Launcher and it should work properly without the white screen issue.
Fix 3: Change High DPI Settings
Some users recommend changing the high DPI settings in the properties of Epic Games Launcher, and you can also have a try. If you don’t how to do that, here is a simple guide for you.
Step 1: Right-click the shortcut icon of Epic Games Launcher and choose Properties.
Step 2: Switch to Compatibility tab and click Change high DPI settings button.
Step 3: In High DPI scaling override section, check Override high DPI scaling behavior option and choose Application in the drop-down menu.
Step 4: Click OK button. Then click Apply and OK button in the previous window to save changes.
Fix 4: Allow Epic Games Launcher Through Firewall
Sometimes, your firewall might interfere with the program and lead to Epic Games Launcher white screen issue. So, it might be helpful to allow your Epic Games Launcher through firewall. To allow the program through Windows firewall, you need to:
Step 1: Type control in the Search bar and click Control Panel from the search results to open it.
Step 2: Go to System and Security > Windows Defender Firewall and click Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall in the left pane.
Step 3: In the new window, click Change settings. Then, find Epic Games Launcher and check its boxes in both Private and Public column. Click OK to apply changes.
In addition, if you are using antivirus, you should also add your Epic Games Launcher as an exception to prevent your antivirus from scanning it.
Fix 5: Reinstall Epic Games Launcher
If all above methods fail to fix Epic Games Launcher white screen for you, you might have to reinstall it. After uninstall the program from your computer, download its latest version from the official website and install it on your computer.
That’s all about how to fix Epic Games Launcher white screen issue. Hopefully, you can benefit a lot from this article.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Amanda has been working as English editor for the MiniTool team since she was graduated from university. She enjoys sharing effective solutions and her own experience to help readers fix various issues with computers, dedicated to make their tech life easier and more enjoyable.
She has published many articles, covering fields of data recovery, partition management, disk backup, and etc. In order to provide more useful tips and information, she is still committed to expand her technical knowledge.
Fortnite is the world’s most popular battle royale game, and the only way to play this game is by launching the Epic Games Launcher first. But what if the Epic Games Launcher won’t open?
Well, worry not, you’re not the only one who’s facing this issue. There are thousands of players that have reported the Epic Games Launcher White Screen error where the launcher is not working or loading incorrectly. The good news is that you can get rid of it pretty easily.
7 Fixes for Epic Games Launcher White Screen Issue
Listed below are some reliable solutions to help you fix this particular problem. You may not have to try them all; just start at the top of the list and work your way down until you find the one that works for you.
- Adjust your display settings
- Delete the Web Cache Folder
- End the Epic Games Launcher process in Task manager
- Launch Epic Games Launcher from the Start Menu
- Change the Epic Games Launcher Property
- Add Epic Games Launcher as an exception to your antivirus
- Reinstall Epic Games Launcher
Fix 1: Adjust your display settings
Sometimes improper display settings can cause lots of issues with your system and can also mingle with the Epic Games Launcher. Follow these steps to adjust your display settings:
- Right-click on an empty space of the desktop and select Display settings.
- Navigate to Display > Scale and layout and choose 100% for Change the size of text, apps, and other items.
Now run the Epic Games Launcher again and see if the white screen issue is resolved or not.
Fix 2: Delete the Web Cache Folder
If the cache is corrupted, it can cause problems with the Epic Games Launcher. According to many users, the Epic Games Launcher white screen issue was solved soon after they deleted the web cache folder. The web cache folder regenerates automatically after it gets deleted.
Follow these steps to delete the web cache folder:
- Press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type “%localappdata%” and hit Enter.
- Locate the Epic Games Launcher folder and open it. Then delete the Web Cache folder.
Check if the issue reappears. If it does, move on to the next fix.
Fix 3: End the Epic Games Launcher process in Task manager
If the Epic Games Launcher is running in the background, when you double click its shortcut, it won’t open. So it’s imperative that you end the Epic Games Launcher process in the task manager. End the process by using these steps:
- Press Ctrl-Shift-Esc to open the Task Manager.
- In the Task Manager, select “EpicGamesLauncher” and click End Task.
- Run the Epic Games Launcher again to see if it’s working.
Fix 4: Launch Epic Games Launcher from the Start Menu
Double-click the Epic Games Launcher shortcut on the desktop and see if it launches. If it doesn’t, try launching it from the Start Menu by following these steps:
- Press the Windows logo key and type “Epic Games Launcher”.
- A list will appear – click on Epic Games Launcher.
Check if it launches properly without the white screen error.
Fix 5: Change the Epic Games Launcher Property
According to some users, the Epic Games Launcher white screen issue was resolved after changing the properties of the program. You can try this method by following these steps:
- Right click on the Epic Games Launcher shortcut on the desktop and select Properties.
- Click the Shortcut tab and locate the Target field. Then add “-OpenGL” to the end of the path field.
- Click OK and Apply to save your changes.
Reboot the Epic Games Launcher and it should work properly. If the issue persists, you can try the next method.
Fix 6: Add Epic Games Launcher as an exception to your antivirus
Your third-party antivirus application may interfere with the Epic Games Launcher causing issues as the white screen one. You can solve it by adding this program as an exception to your antivirus. Follow your antivirus program’s instructions on how to do that. Once done, relaunch the Epic Games Launcher and see if it fixes your problem.
Fix 7: Reinstall Epic Games Launcher
If none of the above fixes worked for you, it’s better that you reinstall the Epic Games Launcher. Following are the steps to do so:
- Press Windows key + R to bring up the Run dialog box.
- Type in “control appwiz.cpl” and press Enter to open the Programs and Features window.
- Right-click on Epic Games Launcher and select Uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to uninstall the application.
- Restart your computer.
- Download the Epic Games Launcher from its official website and install it on your computer.
Hope this guide helped. If you have any follow-up questions, please feel free to ask in the comments below.
Gaming PC Builder is reader-supported. When using links on our site to make a purchase, we may earn an affiliate commission.
1. Make sure the Epic Games Launcher is not running. Open Task Manager by pressing Ctrl, Shift, and Esc keys simultaneously, or by right-clicking the taskbar then click Task Manager.
2. In the Processes tab, look for “EpicGamesLauncher“, right-click on it, then click End Task.
3. Press the Windows key and E simultaneously, a Windows Explorer will appear. Go to “C:\Users\YOUR-PC-NAME\AppData\Local\EpicGamesLauncher\Saved\”
4. Delete the “webcache” folder.
5. Launch the Epic Games Launcher and sign-in. Things should be OK.
As of 12/16/20 There is a new glitch on Switch fortnite exclusively. (Proof below, with more of it coming soon)
When the glitch occurs your Game screen will turn a solid white color and the only way to fix it is to turn off the switch, and turn it back on thus causing a system reset.
ScreenShots of this glitch arent possible seeing as the system is in what i call "Screen lock mode" meaning the screenshot button, and any other button for that matter wont work; since the glitch will disconnect any controler currently linked to the device since Screen lock mode counts as being powerer down which severs the Wireless connection in the process.
That being said i have taken to both youtube and reddit to attempt to figure out if this is just on my end or if its happening to everyone to which 4 people replied. 3 said they had seen the glitch themselfs, and the other one said they havent seen it themselfs but they had heard rumors. I will the supply links to the Reddit post, and the youtube video i made to gather Evidence in the comments below.
The glitch while seemingly random has only ever happened to me Just as the option to jump out of the battle bus appers. Both times it happen the bus was coming from the bottem half of the map. I have yet to confirm if this glitch only happens On the bottem half of the map However i can confirm that it dosnt matter what route the battle bus take since both times the glitch happend the battle bus was coming from a diffrent portion. The first time it happened I the bus was near lazy lake as the option to jump appered and the game crashed, whike the second time it happend was near the Durr burger.
Please share this thread to epic so we can ensure it gets patched soon. Switch fortnite has a history with long lasting exclusive glitches due to the low amount of people playing on said device much less reporting a glitch on the device. The most infamous example was The ZR trigger not working at random times during Ch 2 season 2. Which lasted for a good bit of thw season and even bleed over into the next one, and since i dont want a repeat of that.External link →
White screen fortnite
Fortnite: How to Fix stuck on white screen
What is the white screen stuck error in Fortnite?
This is a problem with which we get recently and usually occurs regularly in Windows 10, in this sense, knowing how to solve the problem stuck on the white screen leads us to consider in the first instance some eventualities for which we are show that error in Fortnite, so this allows us to tell you about the possible causes.
We see that we are shown a white screen bug in the Epic Games launcher, which makes playing Fortnite simply not possible on a regular basis.
Knowing how to solve the problem stuck on the white screen is a necessary task, especially considering that this problem is not a new matter, in this sense, it is good to make it clear that the failure occurs more regularly when some saved files or stored data they are usually cached in the Webcache folder.
This Fortnite bug does not allow the game to load regularly.
Knowing how to solve the problem stuck on the white screen is a fundamental task, especially considering that this failure is usually an inconvenience related specifically to the Epic Games launcher.
How to fix stuck white screen issue in Fortnite?
Choose to close the Epic Games launcher and open it once more:this is the first action that we get to solve this problem of Fortnite, this because sometimes activities as simple as closing the launcher and starting it again can make the bugs mostly manage to be solved, and this implies:
- Click on the "Windows" start icon and proceed to type "Task Manager".
- Then it is necessary to click on the task manager application in such a way that this allows us to select "EpicGamesLauncher".
- Then it is usually necessary to click on "Finish", this allows you to force the launcher to finish or stop running in the background.
Proceed to modify the property of Epic Games Launcher:we continue talking about How to solve the problem stuck in the white screen and for this it is usually necessary to change the properties of the application which makes it necessary to apply:
- We must go to the desktop in order to click with the right mouse button on the shortcut icon of Epic Games Launcher.
- Next, we must click on "Properties" to proceed to click on the "Direct Access" tab in order to find the "Objective" field.
- Then we add OpenGL to the end of the path field, where it is necessary to click on "OK".
- Then we must click on "Apply" to save the changes made and to finish it is necessary to relaunch the Epic Games and that's it.
Delete the web cache folder:this is another solution that can be applied in Fortnite especially considering that there are some temporary files that are usually saved and this can cause us to have many problems, in this case flavor How to solve the stuck problem on the white screen leads us to:
- It is necessary to click on the Windows Start icon to open the bar, and it is usually necessary to type "Run".
- Then it is usually necessary to click on "Run the application in the search results".
- Then it is usually necessary to write per centolocalappdatapercent, and then we proceed to press Enter.
- Next, we must locate the Epic Games Launcher folder.
- We proceed to open it and move to locate the Web Cache folder to choose to delete it.
- This procedure typically generates a set of new residual files.
Adjust the screen configuration of our computer:sometimes there are invalid configurations that make the games or programs present inconveniences and Fortnite usually applies among them, in this sense, knowing How to solve the problem stuck in the white screen allows us to apply:
- Click with the right button of the mouse in an area that may be empty on our desktop.
- Then we click on "Display Settings".
- It is necessary to click on Start to proceed to type "Display Settings" to click on the search result.
- We must go to the "Settings" menu and click on the left panel in order to get to "System".
- Then we must go to the section "Scale and design" where it is necessary to select 100 percent in the drop-down options in order to change the size of text, applications and more.
- Finally, it is usually necessary to open Epic Games and verify that this error has been resolved to continue playing Fortnite.
Deactivate the antivirus software:this is another action that we must execute to know how to solve the problem stuck in the white screen because sometimes the antivirus usually show us game applications such as Fortnite indicating that they may be a possible virus, in this case it is necessary temporarily restrict the antivirus to be able to play normally.
Choose to modify the high DPI settings:this is another alternative that can be favorable to know How to solve the problem stuck in the white screen for which it is necessary:
- Right-click on the Epic Games launcher icon on the desktop.
- Then we click on "Properties" and from there it is necessary to locate "Compatibility".
- Then we must click on "Change high DPI settings".
- We will see a next window we must locate "High DPI scale override".
- Next, we click to check the box before overriding the high DPI scaling behavior.
- It is necessary to select “Application” in the drop-down menu and proceed to click on “OK”.
- We click on "Apply" and "OK" in order to save the changes made.
- Finally, we proceed to check in such a way that knowing How to solve the problem stuck on the white screen allows us to apply various actions that do not require much effort.
Choose to reinstall the Epic Games launcher:this is one last option to apply among this range of solutions about How to fix the problem stuck on the white screen, in this sense, it is usually necessary:
- Click on the Start button in order to launch the start menu and proceed to type "Run".
- We click on "Run application" and then proceed to write in control appwiz.cpl.
- We press Enter and this opens a "Programs and Features" window.
- We will find and right-click on Epic Games Launcher in the list of installed applications, to proceed to click on "Uninstall."
- We must follow the instructions that are shown to us to eliminate the application from our PC and once it is uninstalled we proceed to restart, this allows us to clear the cache.
- Once it has been restarted, we can download and install the launcher from the official site, which will allow us to continue enjoying Fortnite.
Now that you know how to solve the problem stuck on the white screen, it is time to apply one of these solutions and thus continue playing Fortnite as usual.
PC, macOS, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, iOS, Android
Survival, battle royale, sandbox
July 25, 2017
video game, gameplay, price, 60fps, steam
Other Articles Related
And it's so cool that Uncle Igor then got tickets for "Angelica". Everyone was delighted with Michelle Mercier, and Mom and Nina gave me delight. If you beg me or make you do it, mind.
- Radius chicago
- Ram 2500 40s
- Freddy bon bon
- Cute animatronics fnaf
- Giordano size chart
- Angel hebrew meaning
- Ludacris breakfast club
- Ectomycorrhizal fungi
- Msw ua
- Afscme connecticut
He brought us hot, he stood right above me to get a better look into my blouse. All this turned me on a little, my nipples immediately tightened and pulled on the thin fabric of my blouse. Having finished with dessert, we were about to leave, I put under a plate, unnoticed by my mother, twenty bucks for tea for Craig - we arranged.
A great show for each other. Arriving home, I immediately went to my room, but for a long time I could not sleep, remembering Craig and how he ate.