Baby Beatles Asks! — sevielciel: The Beatles Fanfiction Rec List A post...
A post where you can find every fanfiction about the Beatles written by me on my Ao3 account:
Here Comes The Sun (14/14)
After a serious car accident, nothing will be the same for the Beatles
I Write This Song For You (16/16)
John Lennon, a single, 30-year-old father, a music teacher with the broken dream of being a famous musician met the beautiful new English teacher, Paul McCartney, who will teach him to be himself and follow his dreams.
(I can’t do summaries :D)
the state of containing nothing
the quality of having no value or purpose; futility.
John Lennon can’t feel anything anymore aside for emptiness. Luckily, his best friend is there for him
(Please, read the tags carefully! This story contains themes that can trigger people, so please, be careful!)
Carry That Weight (one-shot)
In India, John’s anguish grows. John finally breaks down.
Brian, John and a miracle baby.
The Long And Winding Road
Just some snapshots of John searching auntie Mimi’s comfort during nights.
Ever Done it in a Group, Mrs. Lennon?
(written with @maccaandthebeatles (Stixx on Ao3)
Linda decides to try something with her friend Cynthia and decide to bring their husbands into it.
Little snapshots of Paul and John’s lives and first meeting.
Prequel of ‘Only Human’ :)
John spends his last day with his best friend and soulmate, Paul
Can’t Stop Falling in Love with You (11/11)
Paul McCartney got paired with John Lennon to do a pair work.
Feelings will be found along the way.
Paul is a boy with a passion for music and friendly manners.
John is a shy, self-conscious boy with a rough past that loves to write.
Their common love for music will be the start of a beautiful friendship and will that friendship turns into love?
John has a nightmare that leaves him shaken up
Age Play for Little Johnny
What Brian Epstein and John Lennon do behind closed doors.
Running In The Shadows (Discontinued)
The ups and downs of The Beatles as a band, and as close friends; featuring:
Paul with Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD)
John with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
George with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
Ringo with Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD).
Welcome To My Life (21/21)
Paul, John, George and Ringo: four boys whose friendship will beat their problems.
(I’m not good at summaries, hope you’ll give it a try :) )
Brian is fed up with John’s horrible behavior and so he started treating him like a baby, with the suggestion of George and Ringo.
John will slowly find how is it to have a father, two caring uncles and a little brother, Paul.
Ah, and his auntie Mimi is also there!
Nobody Loves You
John is a normal teenage boy with a big passion for guitars.
He also has a lovely boyfriend, Stuart.
But is everything as it seems?
What’s hidden behind smiles?
Luckily, John has a little brother, a little brother who’s like a guardian angel.
Now Hush Little Baby (34/34)
Paul had to take some medicines that make him incontinent. This will lead into a new change of lifestyle for both Paul and John, along with all the Beatles crew
Mimi Smith never wanted children, yet she always wanted her nephew, John.
(Short story about the relationship between John and his Auntie Mimi)
Paul and John. Dancing together to show their love.
Short songfic based on the song 'Perfect’ by Ed Sheeran.
Because that song basically shout Mclennon.
The McLennon Family
John is pregnant, but the man who got him pregnant doesn’t want anything to do with him.
Later, when his son is already born, his best friend, Paul, had to face a similar fate.
Will the two fall in love and became a big loving family?
I’m horrible at summaries, hope you enjoy, though!
Paul, feeling nostalgic about his childhood and the feeling of being look after by lovely parents, made the wish to be able to feel that love again.
John, George and Ringo, the morning after, went to Paul’s house, but instead of Paul they found an infant, who suddenly got attached to John.
They suddenly understand that the child is Paul!
So John must take care of him and found a way to make him return back to his normal self.
Paul is John’s best friend, John will always be there for him, no matter what.
In this, Paul has mental problems, yet John is there for him, seeing farther than just his child-like behaviour.
It had always been John&Paul and Paul&John
John meets Julia, who he hadn’t seen since the faithful day in Blackpool
Paul find out John’s secret and things become hot
Look At All The Lonely People
John had been a closeted omega for his whole adulthood. But an unexpected heat might change everything
(Title from Eleanor Rigby, doesn’t really have anything to do with the story itself)
I Write This Song For You: The Lennon-McCartneys
The lives of John and Paul Lennon-McCartney after their marriage.
(I can’t come up with a nice title lmao)
John forgets something important. He forgot he wasn’t wearing any diaper while in public.
Daddy Paul is up to some humiliation, a revenge for having embarrassed the whole band.
(I’m sorry for this horrible summary, I can’t do them)
Part two: John being babied into the studio and has some fun with his daddy and uncles
When Paul woke up, he didn’t know that something that tragic has happened
'Think of me every now and then, my old friend’
Paul wasn’t really expecting it.
Paul, a young warrior who just lost his mother, run away from his village and passes out.
He will find himself in the village of Mendips, in the sight of a beautiful young omega boy, John, who’s a healer.
'No, Johnny boy, you don’t have to be scared’
Where Paul, a psychologist, gets to know a damaged boy by the name of John and eventually fall in love with him
Please share around if you want
Pwease, if you want, give them a read :3
The Beatles were an incredibly popular English band from the 1960s. The fandom, one that was started in Liverpool, while they were still the Quarrymen, is a long-enduring one, riddled with folklore, legend and other stories. It is often considered a sub-category of the Classic Rock fandom, but also a standalone fandom as well. Related fandoms are The Who, The Rolling Stones, the Classic Rock fandom, and the Monkees fandom. While it has a massive prevalence all across the globe, one of its strongest concentrations among young people is on the micro-blogging platform Tumblr. It has organized itself much like popular media fandoms, with overarching big-name fans and several fandom-specific memes.
There was a Beatles RPF fandom as far back as the late '60s, but that community didn't overlap or connect very much with science fiction or media fandom, and not much is known about the players, fanworks or fan activities of the community. However, in her widely reprinted article, "Beatlemania: A Sexually Defiant Consumer Subculture", Barbara Ehrenreich describes and analyzes aspects of 1960s Beatles fandom that make it seem interestingly analogous to certain aspects of fannish practices today. There are several small archives and communities recording Beatles Slash (their preferred term over Beatles RPF) as a branch of media fandom in the internet era.
Beatles RPF was also present on FanFiction.Net but was removed in September 2001 after FanFiction.net banned Music Fan Fiction.
Opinions differ as to whether fiction based on the fictionalized versions of the Beatles seen in Help! and Yellow Submarine, or on the Beatles' appearances in Doctor Who canon, count as RPF.
- Beatles Slash YahooGroup Mailing List, founded 19 Jan 2001
- Beatles Slash Livejournal Community, earliest post, 2 Jan 2001, continuous posting from April 2003. Over a thousand members as of access date 12 July 2009. (profile contains links to several other livejournal communities devoted to specific pairings of Beatles Slash)
- Two of Us, a small archive site.
- Abbey Way on archive.org, a fic archive which ran from 2002 to 2006 and contained 72 stories at last record of Internet Archive.
- The Vampire John Lennon, a slash novel fanzine by Chanson de la Lune
- Savoy Truffle, a small archive, last updated 2002.
- Oh, Darling!, a fic archive containing 772 stories, last updated 2005.
- JohnheartPaul founded in 2005 on LiveJournal and dedicated only to the Lennon/McCartney pairing, including fanfic and nonfiction analysis (tinhatting). Moved to Dreamwidth in 2017.
- John/Paul Slash Uncensored, a moderated John/Paul fic community founded in 2007 on LiveJournal. It lasted only a few weeks.
- Beatles RPF is a former Yuletide fandom with two stories available in the Yuletide archive, written for Yuletides 2007 and 2008.
Professional Beatles RPF
- 1978 film I Wanna Hold Your Hand, essentially a Mary Sue story in which several American teenagers attempt to sneak into the Beatles' hotel room in 1964.
- 1991 film The Hours and Times, a fictionalized account of John Lennon and Brian Epstein in Spain together in 1963.
- 2000 novella Plastic Jesus by Poppy Z. Brite, which postulates a love affair between a thinly disguised Lennon and McCartney.
- 2000 film Two of Us, a fictional rendering of the meeting between Paul McCartney and John Lennon at John's New York City apartment in 1976.
- 2009 film Nowhere Boy is a retelling of John Lennon's youth and first encounters with Paul McCartney and George Harrison, with many fictionalised elements added.
Brian Epstein, Cynthia Lennon, Derek Taylor, Dhani Harrison, George Harrison, John Lennon, Julian Lennon, Linda Eastman, Mal Evans, Neil Aspinall, Paul McCartney, Peter Brown, Ringo Starr, Sean Lennon, Stella McCartney, Yoko Ono
A significant subset of Beatles slashers participate in nonfiction analysis, or tinhatting, activities in regards to the John/Paul pairing. Some very firmly believe that Lennon and McCartney were romantically involved with one another in some fashion, while others are interested in the idea, but remain sceptical. Evidence in the form of songs, interviews, photographs and video, and third-party accounts are collected and shared amongst "McLennon shippers", as many refer to themselves. Fanworks, including written analysis and fan videos, have been created to help share collected evidence and convince readers/viewers.
McLennon Shippers and Communities
Communities, Mailing Lists, & Forums
Examples Wanted: Editors are encouraged to add more examples or a wider variety of examples.
- The Beatles Fan Fiction Directory, an LJ community with an archive by the same name. As of 2011, 261 stories archive, both slash and het
- Paul McCartney Adult Slash Fictionarchive link Fandom: Beatles. Description: "This is a list devoted to discussion of, and fanfic about, Paul McCartney. Crossovers welcome as long as Paul is a main character. m/m slash. Must be 18 to join. Your request for membership will be your statement that you are 18 are over. If this is the kind of list you want, then join. I request all members introduce themselves, do not be a lurker. Your input is important too the list. There will be no bashing allowed, No one will make fun of your spelling are punctuation. This is a list to share your stories, So if you have a story please post it, if you read a story, please give feedback. Professional writers do not write these stories, were just some fans looking to have some fun. AtPaulMcCartneyAdultSlashFiction, we want Writers and Readers who will give feed back on stories. If you are coming on to the list to lurk you need to find another list. Any discussion about the Beatles is welcome, but we are a fan fiction list. Lusting about Paul is allowed."
- XXXX Beatles EroticaXXXX Beatles Erotica; archive link Description: "This is a XXXXXXX fan fiction list,if you love to write erotic fiction are just read. It's about The Beatles ...you will see everything. Including heterosexual, bisexual, homosexual themes, consensual and non-consensual sex, B&D, S&M Slash etc.. you will see it all. Therefore, that is your warning, if you choose to read it. You will also read fiction that contains a little of everything erotic. Fiction that contains, kidnapping, stalking, rape and the supernatural. Anything goes as long as it has The Beatles in it. No one under 18 allowed. Everyone over 18 is welcome. If this is the kind of list you want, then join. I request all members introduce themselves, do not be a lurker. Your input is important too the list. There will be no bashing allowed, No one will make fun of your spelling are punctuation. This is a list to share your stories, So if you have a story please post it, if you read a story, please give feedback. Professional writers do not write these stories, were just some fans looking to have some fun. At XXXXBeatles, we want Writers and Readers who will give feed back on stories. If you are coming on to the list to lurk you need to find another list. Any discussion about the Beatles is welcome, but we are a fan fiction list. Lusting after The Beatles is allowed."
- Beatles SlashBeatles Slash; archive link Description: "Welcome! This is a list devoted to discussion of, and fanfic about, the Beatles and those associated with them - ie. wives, friends, road crew etc. Crossovers are welcome as long as one of the Beatles are a main character. m/m slash. Must be 18+ to join - since we are in an adult category and the nature of slash is not suitable for younger persons, we've got to lay down this law. Your request for membership will be your statement that you are 18 or over. If this is the kind of list you want to be a part of, then you are welcome to join. I request all members introduce themselves; if you are known for any particular stories/series, say so - we love a good Beatles Slasher! Do not be a lurker, your input is important to the list. There will be no bashing allowed, no one will make fun of your spelling or punctuation. This is a list to share your stories and your mutual appreciation for Beatles Slash, so if you have a story please post it, and if you read a story please give feedback. Professional writers do not write these stories (although some are building careers in entirely seperate writing genres), we're just some fans looking to have some fun. At Beatles Slash, we want writers and readers who will give feedback on stories. If you are coming on to the list to lurk you need to find another list. Any discussion about the Beatles is welcome, but we are a fan fiction list. Lusting after The Beatles is not only allowed but encouraged, particularly if it involves slash!"
- ^Gelder, Ken; Thornton, Sarah (1997). The Subcultures Reader. Psychology Press. p. 523. ISBN 978-0-415-12728-8.
- ^|Beatlemania: A Sexually Defiant Consumer Subculture by Barbara Ehrenreich; archivelink.
- ^The Beatles in the Tardis Wiki (accessed 21st September 2015)
- ^Wikipedia Brian Epstein
The Weirdest Beatles fan-fiction EVER that almost was: Memories from part of my past I can never take back, shared with you all. | Fab Forum
Okay….I wrestled with myself to bring this one up, as it’s admittedly my single greatest and worst achievement as a Beatles fan in my entire life thus far. This was gonna go in the Hardcore fan thread but I decided this is my creation and for better or worse I have to own it. So i’m posting about it here in stead. THIS WILL BE LONG. Forgive me John And George for what i’m about to share.
No record of it exists now but my own memory, as it was deleted before I ever published it (THANK GOD, ) However after much deliberation I have decided to share my remembrance of this twisted concoction with you all because even today at the age of 28, I am still baffled as to how, why and to what lengths i went to make this happen for as long as i did. Bear with me, this one’s a doozy. You’ll probably need a stiff drink for this one…you WILL cringe. There’s no way around it. You might not even believe a word of it after a point, but I swear to all of you on my honor, what you are about to read was in fact a thing.
It happened when I was younger, and VERT dumb. You see, My biggest passion aside from The Beatles and music in general has to be gaming, and one of my absolute favorite video game heroes of them all is Sonic The Hedgehog…Well, It was circa 2008/’09, and I was a teen going through that phase where you try to combine all the things you love into one shared universe of what the f*ckery………
Yes. This is going to go exactly where you think it’s going to go and even farther. you can still stop reading, it’s not too late! …Alright. I warned you.
So, the Sonic the hedgehog universe is pretty varied. There were lots of differing source materials and canons. So naturally, I drew upon the most faithful to what I felt was Sonic’s definitive canon in my heart….and then I added elements from this unholy mess!:
I took the character of “Manic”, the green sibling, who is a sort of “Hippy” character, and paired him with Amy Rose, who in the prime Sonic Universe is Sonic’s love interest. To my credit, I actually explained why quite well by fan fiction standards. What I would have them do in the story I was about to write, however, is another matter…
The plot began with the two expressing their frustrations at the ongoing war to liberate their planet. Princess Sally, who in one continuity is the leader of the resistance to reclaim said planet, notices this and tries to encourage their spirits by telling them of two brave people who, many years ago on a planet called earth, were fighting for peace themselves and being thwarted at every turn. – John and Yoko. – She shows them an old salvaged vinyl of Let It Be that was given to her by her father from a trip he took there, and I can remember the line I wrote was, “Woah, diggin’ the long hair, man!”
Now, you might be thinking so far “Well, this isn’t that bad. A little cheesy as most fan fiction is, but not bad” – Well, hold my beer. Because the next thing you know, Manic decides he’d really like to meet John if he could, and Sally–Thanks to a time travel McGuffen–is able to transport them RIGHT smack dab in the middle of the Montreal bed-in!
Though I will say this: The way I had it written holds about as true to Circa-1969 John as you could get within the sensibilities of the story being told. I had him written as a witty, yet Beatles-tired peacemaker and even had him thrown in the “I’m sorry you’re fond of the Mop-tops and Hard Days Night, but I’ve grown up!” Quote in there….aaaannnd then I proceeded to write out, line by line, the singing of “Give Peace A Chance ” – even going so far as to include EVERY line of encouragement John uttered, including “LET’S HEAR IT FOR THE HIPPY N’ THE NEW HIPPY!” in reference to himself and Manic – and may I add: when they asked John why the idea of a pear of talking hedgehogs didn’t freak them out, he responded with “Ha! Are you kiddin’? We LOVE strange and unexplained things! Besides, this is the 60’s, man! No one’ll believe it’s anything more than a drug trip! Who cares, really? It’s all far out to me!” Which i suppose is very…Yellow Submarine ?
So, they start hitting it off after the whole thing and John basically is informed of several crisis’s in the future, including….. September 11th as well as the fact the Beatles do break up in the near future…to which i will say, I wrote John as being somewhat remorseful over it. As if, for all the bluster he showed on the surface, inside he hated to know that it actually DID come to pass because he genuinely did love all three of those other men. THAT, i feel, is very Lennon. I can remember I wrote a line to the effect of “I tried to warn the others–I SAID–I said, “Paul, Brian’s dead. We ought not to do this anymore.” but did they listen? No.” Of course, that’s not the way it likely really went, but anyhoo. Hold on, it gets even weirder.
So in light of these revelations about a distant planet in trouble and cosmic happenings, John and Yoko decide to fly back to Abbey Road /Apple and meet up with the rest of the band. John quips “Be it ever so stressful, there’s no place like home.” – and John instructs our two heroes to wait outside. John goes in and finds Paul and George arguing over album space:
“If you don’t like it, there’s the door “Krishna”!” Taunts paul!
John tries to interject: “Uh…lads? O.o”
“Yeah, and i’m fixing ta’ use it! AGAIN!” George fires back!
John now senses what’s happening: “Lads?? “
They turn around in anger and sgout at the same time: “WHAT IN THE HELL—OOOOOO? o.o”
–from there the mood calms.
“We thought you were in mountie-country!”
“yeah, their bacon was too expensive, so I came back!” <—Still proud of that one.
A lot of help-esque moments next. John suggests that if they want their songs so bad they duel each other in s game of rock paper scissors. They do and John acts as referee. Most ashamedly, I wrote it like a spaghetti western scene. ( )
“I SHALL defeat you, George!”
“As will I you, Paul, my worthy opponent!”
“Just answer me this, you VILE fiend! After this…WOULD YOU LIKE TO GRAB A SODA?! >=/”
“Agreed…but for now, you must DIE! >=/”
“Oh, and I’m playing too! SHOOT!”
John picks paper whilst the other two pick rock…
“Looks like “Come Together ” gets it!”
“No fair! “
Oh, tee hee, such wacky Beatles…REAAAAAAALLY TRUE TO WHAT IT WAS LIKE, YOUNG ME!
So, skipping ahead. The hedgehogs get sussed after John has a few humorous scenes trying to keep them hidden since they’re nearly seen peeking in the doorway. (Ringo comes into the scene having already met them offsceen with “Hey guys, look what i found! TALKING HEDGEHOGS! ” “RINGO, NOOOOO! ” ) and after THEY are informed, the band has a bit of a heart to heart and a lot of emotions are let out that in the correct timeline were never vented in such a way. Because of this, Paul has an epiphany that he’s been a jerk the entire time, Which John didn’t expect. Macca quits the band unannounced saying they’d be better off without him before rushing out of the studio in shame at himself, which honestly shakes John to the core. He’s all of a sudden having second thoughts and His defenses are down. He’s crushed and left crying for him to come back….
Next day at Apple, John is rather bored still and upset over Paul when suddenly, they’re all informed that Paul never came home that night, and that there had been a wreck…
“We told you that was a HOAX!” John moans.
But no, it was real this time. Paul was badly hurt and he may not pull through…shocked, they all rush incognito to see him. The story hadn’t broken yet because…reasons.
Durring this, John ends up being left alone in the room with an unconscious Paul, and it goes in my opinion about as realistically as you think John, if he had been faced with Paul being badly wounded, would take it. He remembers the good times, with John recalling how he brought in a guy to the studio that called himself Jesus, or singing Two Of Us with scottish accents….he regrets a lot of the things he said over the years, and comes to the realization that the band itself should have never started Apple in the first place. The minute it became about business over music and a “Job”, they lost their way. They work best as a team. They always did. “I’m Nothing without you, really.” Says John. “You had Yesterday , but what have I got? And Your Bird Can Sing is garbage, Dig A Pony is nonsense…” He then goes into a tirade about how everyone he cares for dies, and this is why he can never trust anyone, etc. etc. before admitting that he was always jealous of him, to an extent. Concluding with “You’re the prince of pop! The Doctor Of “DoOoOoOoo!” (A reference to Stevie Riks, who does a GREAT Paul impression) “….I’m just the Loser Of Lennon…:(“
Paul, all this time, had silently woken off screen….
“That’s your problem, john ” he says weakly with a smile. “You think too little of your work….”
Cue the sappy Disney “HE’S OKAY!!! ” moment!
John confides in Paul that according to his friends, the band indeed are supposed to break up. In lieu of recent events, that can’t happen. It mustn’t. not if it means they have to be viscous enemies…but what to do? They need a fresh start. A vacation.
“India again?” laughs paul. “The Maha’ll kill us! “
“No. To a place that needs our help…”
I got as far as their arrival back in the Hedgehog’s present time and planet before my motherboard died in my computer and the story was lost forever. I recall i did write a sweet little scene in which Paul mused with Amy that for as much as people idolized the band, they should be idolizing the ones that inspired THEM, and he felt guilty that their own success and accolades were in a way pushing those people further back in time and out of sight, before softly playing her the Everly Brothers’ “Dream” on guitar…
Phew. So you see, I HAD to share this because…..cheesy moments aside, inaccuracy and bonkers plot aside….there was a certain charm to it, i feel. Even looking back on it I sometimes wonder if there could ever be a way to re-write it or finish it.
Is it as embarrassing as I thought to you guys? *Or worse?*
Fanfic / With Strings Attached
"Sorry, I've used up me quota. Fuck!" John threw his seashell towards the ocean as hard as he could with his left hand, then sat up fully. "I don't care what our mission is. I resent bein' dropped here without so much as a `Would you like to go?' I may not even do whatever we're supposed to do, if we do have a job. We might not, y'know. Maybe some fuckin' Beatlemaniac just thought `Eh, wouldn't it be a lark to put the Beatles on another planet and see what they do.' Well, this one's not gonna do anythin', so fuck you!" John shouted at the sky, giving it the finger.
With Strings Attached, or The Big Pink Job is possibly the most famous single BeatlesReal-Person Fic out there, and certainly one of the oldest known. Aviva Rothschild, who wrote the first-ever bibliography of graphic novels, started writing Strings in 1980 at the age of 15 and just completed it in early 2009. It has been online since 1997 and is so well established that there was a brief period when, if you googled the common phrase that is the main title, it would come up first. Half the story is available on Rational Magic, the author's website, and the entire work can be purchased as a downloadable PDF or a thick paperback book (commonly referred to by the author as the Big Pink Brick).
Strings is a serious (if frequently hilarious) epic fantasy—no Slash Fic, no Time Travel, no romance, no Alternate History, and no Mary Sue. It's spring 1980, and thefourex-Beatles awaken on the strange planet C'hou, terrified out of their minds, sixteen years younger, and utterly clueless as to why they're there. As they struggle to make sense of their predicament, they must survive the dangers of two very different countries: Ketafa, a quasi-Victorian theocracy based on a fake religion, and Baravada, a dying magical anarchy whose inhabitants' fondest wish is to find monsters to kill. Observing all this are some quite fannish aliens, whose dialogue punctuates and clarifies much of what's going on, and who have their own little dramas taking place as events spin rapidly out of their control.
Ultimately, the four are spectacularly equipped to embark upon a quest that, if successful, will remove a curse that prevents the real gods from seeing Ketafa. Careering through three crazy universes (including a Funny day on an alternate Earth that combines Beatlemania, New York City, Xanth, and Harvey), they collect the three scattered pieces of the Vasyn, a statue that is the (sub)titular Big Pink Job. But restoring the Vasyn to Ketafa will be the most dangerous task facing them....
Notable for, among other things, its portrayal of the four ex-Beatles as real people, not as any of their fictional personas, who undergo genuine Character Development as the story progresses. Also notable for being a rare fantasy where the main characters are essentially Actual Pacifists.
Rothschild completed the first half of the sequel, The Keys Stand Alone (circa 2015); its first chapter is available on her website.
This lengthy work encompasses a huge number of tropes, the most significant examples of which are:
- Actual Pacifist: The four. They never initiate fights - in fact, they avoid conflict when possible - and while three of them do deal some minor damage to people in revenge for having been badly abused, none of them would dream of seriously hurting any living thing. The irony, of course, is that collectively they have been gifted with enough power to wipe out a city before breakfast.
- Anal Probing: Discussed in the prologue when Varx is trying to convince Paul to go on a "great adventure".
Paul: Is this one of those alien abductions where you're gonna probe me, then?
Varx (snorting): Gods, you Eartians are masochists. Believe me, if we really wanted that info, which we don't, we could do a deep scan right from our own universe and you'd never know it happened.
- Artifact of Doom: Two of them: The Heart of Evil and Blackfire, the Hunter's BFS.
- Awesome Mc Coolname: As'taris Farbound. Who is promptly nicknamed by the four "Ass", "Asshole", "Santa's Ass", and "Jeez-Ass".
- Background Magic Field: The universe that contains the planet C'hou is permeated by a Field of raw magic that people can learn to shape, or, in rare cases, are genetically able to manipulate without special education (i.e., Psychic Powers).
- Badass Unintentional: The four have no interest in combat or adventure. However, after being Touched by Vorlons, they get maneuvered into that stuff. And they're now rather good at it. Their opponents are damned lucky the four are Actual Pacifists.
- Bag of Holding: George's "closet".
- Berserk Button: Harm an animal, or one of the others, around Paul, and he may quite violently stop being an Actual Pacifist... though he has such a horror of hurting anyone that it's not too hard to talk him down. In fact, it seems likely that any of the four will discover a Berserk Button if their True Companionship is threatened.
- BFS: Blackfire. Brox's Kiss is an SFS, almost literally given what it tends to be used for.
- Big Bad: Jeft and Brox.
- Big Eater: John. Part of why he's Blessed with Suck.
- Bittersweet Ending: Talk to Ringo about this.
- Blessed with Suck: John and Paul. To the point where they cannot go home as is.
- Brainwashed: The whole point of Brox's Kiss. Both John and Paul get Kissed, with varying results.
- Chekhov's Gun: The Vasyn.
- Cosmic Plaything: The four. And they're not happy about it.
- Deadpan Snarker: All of them, but especially John and George.
- Death Is Cheap: As'taris dies and is resurrected in half a page.
Death is cheap, life is expensive.
- Dismantled MacGuffin: The Vasyn.
- Does Not Know His Own Strength: Paul. He practices endlessly and still breaks stuff if he doesn't watch himself every moment.
- Dying Town: Ta'akan.
- Dystopia: Baravada, at least from the Baravadans' POV. The four feel rather differently about it.
- Elseworld: The Beatles on another planet. Yup, that fits.
- FaceHeel Turn: Jeft, after Jim Hunter becomes friends with the four.
- The Faceless: The Fans.
- Faint in Shock: John faints when he sees himself in the mirror for the first time and realizes that he's grown wings. He'd kind of worked himself up to it, given that he'd awakened in a strange bed, starving to death, with a growing panicky awareness that something was terribly, terribly wrong with him...
- Fanservice: John's transformation leaves him a walking example of this.
- Functional Magic: Lots and lots and lots.
- Ghost City: Ehndris.
- Gotta Catch Them All!: The quest involves retrieving the three scattered pieces of the Vasyn.
- Groupie Brigade
- Healing Potion: "God bless healing potions!"
- He's Back: Paul, when he finally gets his magic.
- How Do I Shot Web?: The four, as they learn to use their magic.
- Humiliation Conga: Jeft.
- I Just Want to Be Special: Paul goes through several chapters of this when the other three all get magic dumped on them, but he doesn't get any.
- Jerkass: Jeft, As'taris, the Hunter (in spades), and most Baravadans.
- Jerkass Gods: The Dalns gods, though apparently only in the past.
- Lightning Bruiser: Paul
- Making a Splash: John.
- Medieval Stasis: Baravada has completely stagnated, technology-wise (though they are rife with magic), and the inhabitants brush off inventions as "tinkerings".
- The Mind Is a Plaything of the Body: George.
- Mind over Matter: Ringo.
- Muggles: The non-Idris in Ketafa, who are derisively referred to as "fodder"; and the tirin in Baravada, except they're just as mean and annoying as the skahs, and occasionally nearly as lethal. They're also far more content with their lot than the skahs are.
- The Multiverse: The story takes place in or mentions at least six different universes, and Jeft refers to existence as the Infiniverse.
- Mundane Utility: The four dick around with their magic a lot.
- The Nicknamer: The four really go to town with this trope. They also attract their fair share of nicknames.
- Nigh-Invulnerability: Paul.
- Night of the Living Mooks: The epic battle on the Plains of Death.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: We repeat—the premise of this story is the Beatles on another planet with super powers.
- Nobody Poops: Averted on a number of occasions, including right at the beginning, when John and Paul have to stop to pee.
- Not Using the "Z" Word: The word "Beatles" rarely appears in the narrative; the author refers to them as "the four". Almost the only time the name appears is when one of the four makes a sardonic or angry reference to it, or when one of the Fans mentions it.
- Older Than They Look: The four have been rendered sixteen years younger, so they look like young twenty-somethings rather than the nearly 40-year-old men they are. This affects the way a bunch of people treat them, occasionally to their benefit.
- Omniscient Council of Vagueness: The Fans, initially. Except only Jeft wants to be vague; the others want to be helpful and informative.
- Omniscient Morality License: The Fans. Even though she loves the four, Shag thinks nothing of dropping them into a dangerous environment, completely unprepared and ignorant of everything.
- Orphaned Series: The author, who began it in 1980 and who started posting it in 1997, gave it up in 2002 after her personal life imploded (mother had Alzheimer's, laid off from her job, etc.). She never thought she would finish it, but in early 2009 she was hit by literary lightning, wrote 300 pages in 3 weeks, and finished the thing.
- Personal Raincloud: John.
- Physical God: Ardav.
- Power Incontinence: Paul. He can barely walk without causing chaos.
- The Power of Rock: Subverted in that the four play music a few times with no supernatural effect, and even sneer a bit at the notion that their music may be magical.
- Psychic Powers: Ringo. If you thought clairvoyance was feeble, he will disabuse you of that notion for all time.
- Real-Person Fic
- The Reveal: Several huge ones.
- Science Fantasy
- Shapeshifter Mode Lock: George, on occasion.
- Sliding Scale of Idealism vs. Cynicism: The story ranges from wide-eyed wonder to exhausted cynicism. Which, one might say, mirrors the Beatles' real story.
- Sufficiently Advanced Aliens: The Fans.
- Super Senses: John has very acute hearing now, with its attendant problems.
- Super Strength: Paul. Why he has Power Incontinence.
- Thou Shalt Not Kill: The four are committed to this stance, to the point of having to get really creative to solve a problem because the opponent's death is not an option.
- Touched by Vorlons: The four (more like slammed by Vorlons).
- Trapped in Another World
- True Companions: The four were a set in real life, at least for a while, and become one again in Strings.
- Villainous Breakdown: Jeft and, later, Kerrun.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: George.
- Walk on Water: John, as part of his Making a Splash and An Ice Person skills. ("Look at me! Look at me! I'm Jesus!")
- Winged Humanoid: John.
- Wrong Genre Savvy: A comedic example: At the beginning, Paul theorizes that if they've been forcibly reunited, turned into their younger selves from their collective heyday and supplied with instruments, whoever did it probably wants them to play together. They give it a shot, despite being in a stressful situation and not having played together in a decade. They suck.
Hiya, Do you know any fics that really get the characters of the Beatles spot on? As in their mannerisms, the way they talk, etc. slbatt1997-at-gmail-com
I find this is a little subjective. What one person might think is true to life in terms of how the Beatles were, another person might disagree with. However, I think all good fan fic writers will at least try to get the mannerisms (etc) correct because - at least for me - that’s the point isn’t it? Trying to get as close to the real article as possible.
There’s a few recommended stories here - https://beatlesfanfictiondirectory.com/tagged/recommended I think all these authors try to get the characterisation spot on.
Additionally authors Das Leibchen Kind, Jjdec8 and Kiwi747 are all authors I know as friends and they all try to get the characters as close to ‘real’ as possible.
Sorry if some links are dead - try searching on Wayback Machine for archived versions.
You can also try mine at https://www.wattpad.com/user/MissODell and let me know what you think!
Apologies for the long delay in response.
posted: 2 months ago · 1 note · reblog ·
Not exactly a question but I'm just dying to know if any other avid readers of Beatles fan fiction in the early 2000s remember Kerry's Beatles-Paul McCartney page. It was an MSN group so it's long gone now. If anyone remembers and happens to know who the "Linda" is who wrote the Elsham Road fic, I'd love to read it again! It was my favourite story and I think about it often lol.
Sharing this for anyone who might be able to help.
Sorry for late response @x-rambleon !
posted: 2 months ago · 1 note · reblog ·
Sorry for the very late reply.
No, you can submit stories with a “y/n” character device if you like. I don’t think there are any in the directory currently, but only because no one has submitted one yet!
posted: 2 years ago · 3 notes · reblog ·
Sorry for the late reply.
There are several stories in the Lena King Perchance to Meet series. However, the last one appears to have been left unfinished (or at least the last instalment wasn’t published).
The finished stories are:
1. Perchance To Meet (Part one)
Part Two and Part Three
2. Baby It’s You (Part one)
and Part Two
3. I Love You More (Part one)
Part Two and Part Three
4. Born With A Jealous Mind (Part one)
Part Two and Part Three
5. Promise Not To Tell (Only one part to this story)
And the sixth story which was left unfinished was:
6. The Honeymoon Song (Part One)
The thing about Rooftop Sessions was that no story would ever be published without first being completed, so there must have been an ending to The Honeymoon Song, but I have a feeling it was in the process of being published when Rooftop Sessions went on hiatus and Wayback Machine doesn’t have it archived. I have asked on a forum that was frequented by the Rooftops editors back in the day, but I haven’t had a reply (hence my late reply). It’s possible the full version of the story is out there somewhere!
posted: 3 years ago · 6 notes · reblog ·
filed under: #Ask #lena king #beatles fan fiction
He's So Fine by Miss ODell
Della Milton and George Harrison lived on opposite sides of Upton Green, Speke, Liverpool, in the 1950s. Born three weeks apart they soon became childhood best friends. George grows up and becomes lead guitarist in the phenomena that is The Beatles. It takes him far and away from that small oval green in Liverpool and gives him experience and opportunities he could never have imagined. But Della’s not concerned about George’s fame and fortune. He’ll always be her friend and her rock. He’s as close to her as family. Sometimes she thinks he’s the only one in the world she can call a friend. He’ll always be the same, he’ll always be there for her… won’t he?
WARNINGS: Adult themes, bad language, adult situations.
STATUS: In Progress.
posted: 3 years ago · 2 notes · reblog ·
filed under: #beatles fan fiction #George Harrison fan fiction #georgestories #george harrison #missodellstories #storyh #novel #romance #wattpad #In Progress #readinglist #Liverpool #Beatlemania
Above Us Only Sky by Kiwi747
*Sequel to In Your Atmosphere*
1966 was a year of seismic changes for the Beatles. By the end of the year, the last single Beatle, Paul McCartney, was on the verge of saying “I do” to his California sweetheart, Marisol Hemingway. And then life happened.
“Life is what happens while you’re busy making other plans.” - John Lennon
BEATLE: Paul McCartney
STATUS: In progress.
posted: 3 years ago · 1 note · reblog ·
filed under: #beatles fan fiction #paul mccartney fan fiction #storya #novel #kiwi747stories #paulstories #romance #1966 #paul mccartney #readinglist
No One Compares With You by FlowersInTheBackyard
Isabel Garcia didn’t expect to make friends when she moved out to London, much less meet the Beatles. But between the budding tensions within the band and the mystery surrounding a surprise visitor, she quickly realizes she’s in for the ride of a lifetime. Together, they attempt to fight their demons of the past while dealing with the uncertainty of the future. Alas, real life – much like real love – is complicated.
STORY LINK: No One Compares With You
WARNINGS: Mature themes and sexual content.
STATUS: In Progress.
posted: 3 years ago · 3 notes · reblog ·
filed under: #beatles fan fiction #paul mccartney fan fiction #paul mccartney #paulstories #storyn #novel #wattpad #flowersinthebackyard stories #romance #In Progress #1966 #readinglist
I Wouldn't Change a Thing by FlowersInTheBackyard
Upon first glance, Gail Greene appears to have it all: Beauty, confidence and a nifty job as Brian Epstein’s secretary. However, she secretly longs for something more and finds herself becoming attracted to a certain Beatle.
STORY LINK: I Wouldn’t Change A Thing
BEATLE: Paul & John
posted: 3 years ago · 7 notes · reblog ·
filed under: #beatles fan fiction #paul mccartney fan fiction #paulstories #paul mccartney #paulcomplete #romance #romancecomplete #storyi #flowersinthebackyard stories #complete #Novel #wattpad #john lennon fan fiction #johnstories #johncomplete
Could you let me know what part you were on when you go the error? That story is hosted on Wayback Machine (internet archive) and sometimes it can be a little temperamental.
I’ve just tested it myself and I could get on the different story parts okay, so I think either what you had was a temporary error with Wayback Machine (which may hopefully be fixed now) or Wayback Machine didn’t catalogue the page you were trying to access, in which case, try looking for an earlier archive of the site as that may have it or you’ve unfortunately read all of the story which was completed and published online. Like Dreamers Do was written by an author called Sandy Johnson, I think around the late 1990s/Early 2000s, but it has been offline for a number of years now. I’m linking to the archived version because it was such an amazing story, people should still be able to read it. Part one was complete, but part two only goes up to about chapter 65 I think, and was left unfinished sadly.
Hope this helps. If not, send me another message!
posted: 3 years ago · 1 note · reblog ·
filed under: #Ask #Like Dreamers Do #Sandy Johnson #Sandy Johnson Stories
There’s a fic on fanfiction(.)net that I’ve kept tabs on for years to see if it’s been updated or not. While I’m no longer even in the fandom it’s written for, it just has one of the greatest storylines I’ve ever read. Last time it was updated was 2011.
The other day, I decided to reread the entire thing and leave a very in-depth review of what I thought of each chapter. I also mentioned how I started reading it when I was 13 and am now 21, but always came back to see if it was ever finished because I loved it so dearly.
Today, said author sent me a private message saying that her analytics showed that the story was still getting views even after all these years, but no one ever bothered to leave reviews other than “update soon!!!”, so she never felt motivated enough to finish it. She said that me reviewing every single chapter with lengthy paragraphs made her cry and meant the world to her. She also mentioned that she felt encouraged to write the two remaining chapters needed to complete the story and that she would send me a message the night before she updates the fic.
I’m literally sobbing. I’m so excited :’)
Please always remember to leave a review when reading fanfiction!!! It means a lot to a writer.
Seriously, this is what keeps us going; YOUR COMMENTS.
And you think my ranting about it is just being salty! It’s not! Reviews can mean the difference between feeling motivated and feeling out of place.
posted: 3 years ago · 138,768 notes · reblog · via · src
Thank you for your message!
Well, the Beatles Fan Fiction Directory is powered by Tumblr, so if you have a Tumblr account, you can leave a comment in the same way you would leave a comment on any other Tumblr post - however, only me (the BFFD admin) would probably see it, so I would suggest you either leave a comment on the author’s page/work directly or send them an email directly - because writers love to hear from readers, and if you’re enjoying a story you should let the author know, it really helps people to keep going when they know people are reading.
Now, saying that, I have quite a few stories which are archived from the Wayback Machine (aka https://web.archive.org/ ) - these are all stories which were Beatles fan fiction gems but sadly the websites have been taken down for one reason or another. For these archived stories you can’t leave a comment as the website is only an archived version and not online any more. There may be a chance the emails would be still working but most are probably abandoned.
Unfortunately Indica’s Attic is one of those archived sites, and I Feel Fine by Ms Moonlight is an archived story and sometimes the Wayback Machine doesn’t catalogue all of the pages, or simply the story was abandoned and left unfinished. I did think that story was finished though - the latest chapter is https://web.archive.org/web/20111024061815/http://indicasattic.homestead.com/imagine1j.html - Did you find that one? I have this marked as complete, but as you can’t seem to read all of it anymore I’ll update the status.
Thanks again! And PS. You can find some recommended reads here, most of which you can leave comments on!
posted: 3 years ago · 1 note · reblog ·
filed under: #Ask #beatles fan fiction #Info
...A Little Help From My Friends by Marcus Rowland
When a sudden resurgence of Thuggee threatens Britain’s most beloved sons, the Beatles, the Queen calls in someone with a history of handling unconventional problems - Captain Jack Harkness. Fortunately he has some help in the form of archaologist Carol Lake (who might possibly be better known under a slightly different name), and his usual indestructibility. It might even be enough to keep the Beatles alive…
This is a VERY wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey crossover between Doctor Who, Torchwood, and the film Help! (1965). Fasten your seat-belt, it’s going to be a bumpy ride…
BEATLE: All Four Beatles
GENRE: Comedy & SciFi
CROSSOVER: Beatles & Dr Who & Torchwood
posted: 3 years ago · 3 notes · reblog ·
filed under: #Comedy #SciFi #Thriller #Complete #submission #beatles fan fiction #comedycomplete #scificomplete #fourstories #fourcomplete #Marcus Rowland stories #storya #dr who crossover #AO3 #help
I Feel Fine by Ms Moonlight
Paul feels the stress at the height of Beatlemania.
WARNINGS: Paul in Pain
STATUS: In Progress.
posted: 3 years ago · 4 notes · reblog ·
filed under: #beatles fan fiction #paul mccartney fan fiction #paul mccartney #paulstories #storyi #novel #drama #ms moonlight stories #idle hands
On this page you can find all the fanfics I’ve written and posted. I’ve ordered them by pairing. For each pairing there is a link that will lead you to a specific page will the all the links to the fics on them. Just click on anything you’d like to read, and there you go! If there’s a fic with multiple pairing, you can find them on each of the pages of those pairings. I hope this has made navigation through my fanfics a little easier. Behind every pairing there’s is a number with the amount of different fics (not parts or chapters) I have for that pairing. I will keep it updated! Larger multi-chapter fics can also be found Here! But also further down below.
If you have any requests or suggestions for fanfics, you can send them to me through my ask and I will see if I want to write them or not. You can find a list with all the requests Here! Also, you can find a schedule for when I post certain fics Here!
Have fun reading, everyone!
*>*<* *>*<* *>*<* *>*<* *>*<*
Other Pairings (7)
*>*<* *>*<* *>*<* *>*<* *>*<*
Your Loving Flame
What Feels Right / This Loving Game
True To You
Art and Obligation
30 Days OTP Challenge
- Neuhaus near me
- Retro refrigerators
- Perfect moment coats
- Minecraft fire engine
- Avanti refrigerator settings
- Pokémon episode 33
- Used military binoculars
- Smooth drain pipe
- Word friends dictionary
- Kin blockchain
- 4k releases
- Christmas squirrel clipart
- Birthstone infinity band
Do you mind if I call you Dasha, he asked. Then I told him how I love to wear a bra and imagine myself as a girl. But all good things come to an end, the time was already approaching five and we had to get ready, we got dressed, exchanged phones and agreed to. Meet.