Spike Lee, George C. Wolfe Named to Vimeo Board Ahead of IAC Spinoff
The video software company Vimeo has named its slate of board of directors ahead of its planned spinoff from IAC.
Among the board members are film directors Spike Lee (Da 5 Bloods) and George C. Wolfe (Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom), who will join a board that includes multiple IAC executives, technology investors and finance executives. IAC CEO Joey Levin will be the chairman of Vimeo’s board.
IAC announced its intention to spin off the Vimeo business late last year, valuing it at $2.75 billion. The company says it expects to complete the spinoff in the second quarter of 2021.
“Vimeo has been part of IAC for 14 years, growing into a strong industry leader ready to stand on its own,” said Levin in a statement. “Hard to believe that what started as a small team inside College Humor is now positioned to become a big public company with a world-class Board of Directors. Vimeo represents the best of IAC — a long-term investment with a product that delights users in a large and growing market, an incredible management team, and big ambition.”
Other board members will include IAC execs Kendall Handler and Glenn Schiffman, Thrive Capital partner Nabil Mallick, tech investor Adam Gross, Coinbase CFO Alesia Haas, AppFolio CFO Ida Kane, Shine Capital partner Mo Koyfman and Vimeo CEO Anjali Sud.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Spike Lee, George C. Wolfe to Join Board of Vimeo After It Spins Off From IAC
Vimeo announced the expected 11 members of its board of directors ahead of the video-hosting platform’s spinoff from IAC — a group that includes noted filmmakers Spike Lee and George C. Wolfe.
The Vimeo spinoff is expected to be completed during the second quarter of 2021, at which time Vimeo is expected to become an independent company listed on Nasdaq.
In addition to Lee and Wolfe, the anticipated members of Vimeo’s post-spin board of directors are: IAC CEO Joey Levin (who would be chairman of Vimeo); Vimeo CEO Anjali Sud; tech investor and software industry veteran Adam Gross; Coinbase CFO Alesia Haas; IAC general counsel Kendall Handler; Appfolio CFO Ida Kane; Mo Koyfman, founder and general partner, Shine Capital; Thrive Capital general partner Nabil Mallick; and IAC CFO Glenn Schiffman.
Lee’s 40 Acres and a Mule Filmworks production company has produced more than 35 films since 1983. Most recently he wrote, directed and produced “Da 5 Bloods” for Netflix. Lee won an Oscar for adapted screenplay for “BlackKklansman” in 2019, among several other awards throughout his career.
Wolfe, a playwright, film and theater director, has won five Tony Awards and directed 17 Broadway productions, including “Angels in America” parts one and two, “Bring in ‘Da Noise, Bring in ‘Da Funk” and most recently “The Iceman Cometh” with Denzel Washington. For film, he recently directed “Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom” for Netflix, “The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks” for HBO and “Lackawanna Blues,” for which he was named best director by the National Board of Review and the Director’s Guild of America.
“Vimeo has been part of IAC for 14 years, growing into a strong industry leader ready to stand on its own,” Levin said in a statement. “Hard to believe that what started as a small team inside College Humor is now positioned to become a big public company with a world-class board of directors.”
Vimeo’s proposed spinoff remains subject to a number of conditions including final approval by IAC’s board of directors, approval of the separation proposal by IAC stockholders, and receipt of a favorable tax opinion.
In January, Vimeo said it raised $300 million in new equity funding, giving it a valuation north of $5 billion, double what it was three months earlier. Vimeo provides a suite of video tools for businesses and independent creators. It has more than 200 million users, of which about 1.5 million are paying subscribers.
optional screen reader
If you’re one of Vimeo’s many millions of subscribers, you’ll know all about the high-quality content on the platform. Professional video makers and enthusiasts love the control and customization options available. But what happens if you want to download a video to view at a later date, or while offline?
If you want to know if that’s possible, you’ve come to the right place. This article explains how to download from Vimeo onto ANY device. Plus, we’ll answer some frequently asked questions about the topic.
How to Download Videos From Vimeo
Unlike quite a few video-hosting platforms out there, Vimeo allows for videos to be downloaded quite easily, and with no trickery involved. But this does come with a caveat.
Unfortunately, the download option isn’t available for every single video on Vimeo. This is because the uploader must have a Business, Plus, or Pro account to enable their videos to be downloaded. The good news is that most serious content creators have this status. So, here’s how to get that content for any device you may have.
How to Download a Video From Vimeo to Mac
Thankfully, downloading a video for Vimeo to your Mac is really straightforward. All you need to do is follow these simple steps:
- Visit the Vimeo homepage and click on ‘sign up’ to get started. This will redirect you to a page that lists a few paid options. However, there is also an option to ‘continue with basic’ at the bottom of the page. This will allow you to view and download, but not to upload videos – perfect for this purpose.
- Next up, visit the video that you want to download.
- Under the video, on the right-hand side, you will see a ‘download’ button. Click it.
- Select the quality you wish to download the video in, if the option is given.
And that’s it! Depending on your internet connection, you should have the video within a matter of seconds.
How to Download a Video From Vimeo to iPhone
If you want to keep a video for later when you aren’t connected to Wi-Fi or using your data, there is an easy way to do so. All you need to do is to download the video and then you can watch it any time you are out of coverage, on an airplane, or out of data. It’s really easy. Here’s how to do it:
- Download the Vimeo app onto your iPhone or iPad.
- Find the video you wish to download within the app itself.
- Once you have located the video, simply hit the ‘offline sync’ button to begin downloading.
- As soon as the video has finished downloading, you can disconnect from the Wi-Fi or switch your data off.
- To watch what you’ve downloaded, click the menu button and then ‘offline videos’
How to Download a Video From Vimeo to Android
The Vimeo app is intuitive and easy-to-use, so the directions are much the same as they were for the iPhone. Follow these easy steps and you’ll be able to watch your favorite videos any time you want:
- The first thing you need to do is to download the Vimeo app onto your Android device.
- Next up, find the video that you wish to download via the app itself and not the desktop site.
- Once you have found the video you wish to download, all you need to do is to click on the ‘offline sync’ button. This will begin your download.
- As soon as the video has been downloaded to your Android device, it is now safe to disconnect from the internet.
- To watch or delete what you have downloaded, just clink into ‘menu’ and then into ‘offline videos’. To remove a video from your library, click the X button.
How to Download a Video From Vimeo to Windows
Before attempting to download to a Windows device, there are two things that are worth taking note of. The first is that videos that have a rental or subscription status are not available to download via a computer.
The second is that a ‘seller’ can also disable downloads for videos that they have listed for purchase. Aside from these exceptions, the process is relatively simple and goes as such:
- When on the Browse or Product page, all you need to do is to click on the video that you wish to download.
- Next up, just scroll down the page of your chosen video.
- When you see the ‘video downloads’ option, click it to open the dropdown menu.
- Next, select the resolution you wish to download the video in.
- Upon selecting your preferred resolution, the video will begin to download to your desktop or laptop.
How to Download a Video From Vimeo on Chromebook
On Chromebook, the best way to download videos from Vimeo is to install a reliable app to take care of business for you. Of the many apps out there that perform this task, FBDown Video Downloader has the best ratings. As its name suggests, it was initially designed to download videos from Facebook. However, it has many more uses than just this – and it is free!
As soon as you have the app downloaded to your device, all you need to do is click the download arrow in your taskbar. The app will then bring up a menu full of all of the downloadable videos on the page you are currently viewing. Simply click the one/ones you wish to download and the app will take care of the rest for you.
How to Download a Video From Vimeo to Your Phone
Generally speaking, downloading a video from Vimeo directly to your phone is easy. It’s also a great way to view videos when you expect to have no coverage or be on an airplane in the near future. To get the videos you want, simply follow these straightforward steps:
- First up, you will need to download the Vimeo app onto your phone.
- Next, search for and open the video you wish to download.
- You should then notice that there are three dots in either the top right-hand corner of the video player or at the bottom right corner (it depends on what device you are using).
- Click on the three dots.
- From the menu that appears, select the ‘add to offline playlist’ option.
And that’s it! This video will now be in your media library and available to watch even when you have no internet connection.
How Do I Download Multiple Videos From Vimeo?
Unfortunately, there is no way to batch download from Vimeo without using a separate downloader. So, if you aren’t interested in downloading videos one by one, there are a few downloaders that have a better reputation than their competitors.
GetFLV works incredibly well with Vimeo and will allow you to batch download videos directly to your computer, iPad, phone, and a whole host of other devices. As an added bonus, GetFLV allows you to convert the format from Vimeo to mp4, AVI, FLV… pretty much any format you can think of.
How Do I Download a Private Video From Vimeo?
Downloading private videos can be a bit difficult as there isn’t a download option right in front of you.
Here’s how it’s done:
• Load the page with the video you want to download.
• Right-click on the video.
• From the options that pop up, select ‘view page source.’
• Search for the best quality mp4.
• Copy that URL with full token data.
• Paste this URL into a new tab.
• Next up, hit that play button.
• As soon as the video begins playing, right-click and then save it.
Is It Legal to Download Videos From Vimeo?
It is technically not legal to download a video from Vimeo unless the uploader themselves has provided a download link.
Videos at Your Beck and Call
Now you’re ready to watch movies from Vimeo even if you are miles away from an internet connection. You can even entertain yourself or the kids on long haul flights with top-quality entertainment on the go.
Do you download movies from Vimeo regularly? Do you ever encounter any problems while doing so? If so, we’d love to hear about it in the comments section below.
And I'm having fun under his supervision. No, no, so you understand, I don't bring men home in his absence, I like our sex with him and I love experiments: this is role-playing games and anal. And I even once stumbled on sex with our mutual friend, with whom they work together, but my husband immediately chopped off everything in the bud.
Only he and the point.
Vimeo lee tv
On the phone, I found out the number of this man. At first, he said that it was an experiment that failed: Many men called, but most did not understand who the lady was and. Did not treat her with everything gentlemanly: In the end, he agreed to give me her number, said how much she takes, but asked not to say that he gave me her phone number: Oddly enough, it seems to me that her name was Wanda, but it was not the same Wanda that was in "Cool Men" (well, she was not called Vanga?).
Be that as it may, later it turned out that the white fluffy hair is a wig (it's good that she didn't take it off. Like in a movie), and her name is Sveta.Sell Your Videos Online with Vimeo on Demand
Once again, condoms in containers and in a box. Smart professors will study the material. When we compared the condom balls with the material, my ball was larger, I noticed it with my eyes. The second time my ass was pressed in a different position, she was lying on her back, her penis stood like a bayonet, perfectly oiled, he entered my ass with effort.
- Movies tahoe city
- Cod warzone payload
- Overdose love quotes
- Hyperv snapshot
- Nissan models 2011
- Roanoke elks lodge
- Harley 883 chopper
- Amber glass sheets
- East village reddit
I understood. Do you really want to consider everything. Yes mommy. You are welcome.